ASTM D892,D6082 : Foaming Characteristics of Lubricating Oils
FORZA MODEL FT-D892-A-1 (H/C) FOAMING TENDENCY AIR BATH
Modular One Position System
The ASTM D892 test method covers the determination of the foaming characteristics of lubricating oils at 24°C and 93.5°C. The test essentially consists of conditioning the sample at the required temperature and when the sample has reached temperature, air is blown into the sample at 94 ml/min for 5 minutes. The foam remaining after 10 minutes from then is recorded. This is indicative of the foaming tendency of the oil. The test is sequentially done first at 24’C then at 93.5’C and then again at 24’C.
For the ASTM D6082, the procedure is the same except that the test is run only at one temperature 150’C and the airflow is 200 ml/min.
Advantage of Modular Test Position System : This modular one test position system offered by Forza enables a client to buy the exact number of positions required. As demand grows more single modular units may be bought. Further, the units can be set up to run one temperature and not be heated up or cooled down frequently. This results in an enormous time-saving. The units may be placed in different parts of the lab to optimize bench space
FORZA offers this unit in two options as shown in below table:
Models and Accessories:
FT-D892-A-1-H: Air foam bath for one position for operation from ambient temperature to 150’C
FT-D892-A-1-C: Air foam bath for one position with a solid-state chiller to work at 24’C in warmer environments.
- Complies with the requirements of ASTM D892, D6082 and related methods
- Air foam bath individual modules for performing tests at 24’C, 93.5’C or 150’C
- The unit is modular and compact and is fully equipped to run one test position.
- This affords the client the choice of using as many independent units as needed.
- The bath medium is air and eliminates the use of traditional bath liquids.
- Liquid bath mediums are potentially dangerous and also cause cross-contamination of samples especially where silicon oil mediums are used.
- The Forza heated air baths are safe and clean.
- The Forza bath is a well-lit, well-insulated air foam heating bath with a scratch-proof high-temperature glass for good visibility allowing for easy monitoring of foaming test oils.
- A microprocessor-based state of the art system controls temperature, air mass flow, air mass totals, and timers.
- The air start, stop and settle timers are automatic.
- All test parameters like temperature flow and times are displayed and controlled on a touch panel interface.
- Totalizer as standard in all modules.
- Operational temperature range of ‘Ambient+5c to 160’C’ with bath stability of better than +/- 0.5C
- High-temperature safety cut -off provided